My last article was all about breaking the glucose spike cycle AKA: eating sugary, processed, simple carb…junk. We ALL do it. We can’t get away from it! It’s EVERYWHERE. (Haven’t read how trying to stop eating sugar is a waste of time? Go HERE)
Next month, I’m running a free group to really guide my friends in how to lose 1 pound per week. (There is a really good chance you will lose more) Last month, I realized I had so many people in 90/10 Nutrition that really want to lose weight. Some, for medical reasons. Some, for military standards. Others, just for aesthetics, which is fine. What was missing was the structure. So here’s my solution.
Rather than telling everyone what to do – I’m going to get healthy WITH YOU.
But how can I do that? I’m already healthy. And honestly, for me to lose weight it would just not be OK. Look at this photo I took last month.
Yea… not going to lose weight.
So, I’ve decided to do something interesting. Something most people would not do. And that is intentionally gain weight and become “average” again. And this is where THE BiG Break Experiment comes in – I am becoming addicted to sugar, simple carbs, ALL that stuff because I want to show you how to break the cycle from eating Average to eating like an Athlete. I say “Average” because I’m not going all out and eating completely junk food – I’m eating what the majority of American’s THINK is healthy!
This is going to provide a solution to the disconnect.
What’s the disconnect? Well, first – there obviously IS one, or else this “getting lean thing” would’nt be such a conundrum. The truth is, the food companies (the ones that process food…cereal, yogurt, snacks, etc) REALLY, REALLY… (can I put another REALLY in there??) want you to think that what they have to offer you is going to make you healthy. Why?? $$ Duh! Think about the packaging (Low Fat! Gluten Free! All Natural! 100 Calories! Lower Sodium! As much calcium as 10 glasses of milk! Sugar-Free!! )
I think that gaining weight just to show how to lose it says something else. I am not obsessed in an unhealthy way with being skinny. If it helps my friends get healthy, I WILL gain weight to do it! (And one thing I have realized is that someone’s size means NOTHING. Skinny does not = healthy! And Overweight does not always = unhealthy!) In the group we’re going to tackle it ALL. INCLUDING the messed up mentality women have with being thin and staring at the scale. I’m going to show you how to get lean NOT by starving yourself and counting calories, but by building muscle (which burns calories), and eating like an ATHLETE. I mean, who do you want to look like?
This?? OR THIS?
I know I could’ve picked cuter girls for the left image… lol. BUT – this is the real deal. I’m not going to show you how to become the ladies on the left. I’m going to train you to become an athlete.
You might think, “Well, Im not an athlete! I could never be an athlete!” Wrong. We are ALL athletes. As humans, we are meant to be STRONG. This will be our focus. And it is a strange paradox – YES we will lose weight, but because we aren’t going to obsess about losing weight, rather – we will focus on building muscle and eating healthier, you are going to feel great in your body!
If you’re a guy you might be thinking that this group is not for you. WRONG. I’ve got a couple of guys that are extremely successful in attaining functionally athletic and muscular bodies that are going to help out with posting and supporting. Although guys might lift more weight and be able to consume more calories, the fundamentals of workouts and nutrition are the SAME for both men and women.
Guys do not struggle with society telling them to be skinny – but they do struggle with almost the opposite. Men are told that they need to drink beer, eat pizza and not give a crap about dieting because that is for women. Dieting and getting lean, is many times just not cool!!
Is this you?? What you WANT to be! …Right?
So WHAT ARE WE GOING TO DO IN THIS GROUP??
1. Structure. I’m going to show you exactly what to eat and how to do it in a way that you are not starving but still losing weight. We WILL calculate our Basal Metabolic Rate, but we will NOT count calories. We will NOT look at the scale everyday. If I find out you are doing that I will hold your scale for ransom!!
2. Accountability. You all are going to chat. it. up! Share your struggles, your victories, post photos. It’s all about that support.
3. Build muscle. For men, this is a given – but many women think they can get in shape by just losing weight. As we age, muscle toning becomes incredibly important but harder to do the longer we wait. Plus, muscle continuously BURNS CALORIES and gives you that toned look. You NEED IT.
What can I do to get ready for the challenge?
- Cleanse. I am doing a 3 Day Refresh to get ready. This helps the body break bad habits (you don’t have any? Yeah, Right!) and will jumpstart your metabolism for the coming month. Plus you will probably knock out a pound in the first few days! If you want to do the 3 Day Refresh it’s inexpensive and is one of the few cleanses that gives you adequate protein to not lose muscle mass. It’s only 69$ for full-price and 55$ for military. Ask me how! (firstname.lastname@example.org) Or go to http://www.beachbodycoach.com/kristinicole87 and order!
- Nov.1st and 2nd (saturday and sunday) I will release the first video all about grocery shopping and meal planning. Yes, you have to be in the group to see it!
- Clear out your pantry. Prior to Nov.1st you need to get rid of everything that is going to mess this up for you. We are going to talk about balance and eating sweets later. For now, get everything out! If your peanut butter contains sugar – get ready to buy some that DOESNT. Cereal, snacks – all that. It needs to be gone by Nov.1st. If your not sure what to get gone read THIS.
If you want to go from Average to Athlete with me next month GET. SIGNED. Up. How?
Scroll down and fill out the information under Register Now.
THIS IS FREE and I get NOTHING for you registering. All this does is put me in contact with you so that I can get you into the group next month. You will also get weekly emails from 90/10 Nutrition with updates and recipes.
This is MY Average to Athlete Photo. I can’t wait to see YOUR Transformation!