The sun was seriously shining today with not a cloud in the sky, which inspired me to make a light and colorful lunch. I already had prepped chicken the day before in the crock pot – part of my weekly meal prep as well as some tomatoes and avocado. This time, I just decided to wing it because I didn’t want to sit around trying to look at recipes. What came out of it – was amazing and just plain beautiful!
If using 21 Day Fix Containers this equals 1 Red, 2 Green, 1 Blue and 1 Orange container for 2 wraps.
(DOUBLE This to make lunch for 2 people for 2 days. This will feed 1 person for 2 lunches. )
- 1 1/2 Pre-cooked chicken breasts, chopped
- 2 small-med. red tomato, chopped (squeeze out the gooey seeds into the trash or dog bowl – you don’t want that in the chicken salad. Gooey is NOT a good texture!)
- 1/2 Avocado, chopped
- 2 TBS finely chopped red onion (don’t over do it on the onion!!)
- Sprinkle of Flax Seed
- Green Leaf Lettuce (or other lettuce to make cups. Try butter or bib)
- 1/2 TBS Olive Oil
- 1/2 TBS Vinegar (BRAGGS Apple Cider or Red Wine)
- Squeeze 1/4 Naval Orange (approx. 2-3 TBS)
- 1/2 TBS Dijon Mustard
- 1 tsp honey
- sprinkle of salt and pepper
- 1/2 tsp Herbs de Province (get a big bag of it from World Market for 2.99!
Combine first 4 ingredients.
Whisk the Dressing ingredients in a separate bowl until smooth. Taste!
Pour Dressing over Chicken Salad mixture and toss to coat.
Spoon into lettuce cups and serve!
Store extra in tupperware for tomorrow!
Even pretty on a paper plate.