Anytime I hear the word “praline” I know I’m in for a treat. If you aren’t from the South and have never had a praline – it is basically browned sugar, butter and chopped pecans that has been boiled and cooled into a flat, delicate candy which melts in your mouth and causes you to reminisce Charleston or Savannah Boardwalks and New Orleans, LA.
This takes that sweet and salty flavor and puts it over salmon. The result? A rich and delicious fish that tastes amazing – even if you aren’t crazy about fish.
- 100% Maple Syrup
- 4 Sweet Potatoes
- Pecans, finely chopped
- Green beans (I like Trader Joes bag of Haricot Verts in the frozen section! <2$ for a big bag!)
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees
2. Wrap sweet potatoes in foil and pop them in the oven for 30 min.
3. Meanwhile, microwave 2 TBS butter, 2 TBS maple syrup, and 2 TBS chopped pecans and 1 tsp lemon juice in a bowl until melted, stirring often.
4. Place salmon in a oven safe dish lined with foil. Sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper. Place fish in the middle and pour praline sauce over top. Fold up the foil and place in the oven for 18-20 minutes.
5. Microwave “steam” the green beans either in the bag or a dish filled with 1/2 cup water. Drain and sprinkle with pepper.
The potatoes and fish should all be done at the same time! ENJOY!!!
TIP: If you want to get fancy, this would be really good with my Spiced Sweet Potato Mash!
This is part of my 2 week Slim Down Meal Plan! Contact me if you are interested! – firstname.lastname@example.org